Monday, December 1, 2014

The Thankfulness Hasn't Ended!

 
Thanksgiving is over, the turkey is nearly gone, and the pumpkin pie as well. Black Friday is come and gone, and boy did I enjoy the great bargains I found. It is the end of a season, but it is not the end of Thanksgiving. As we move into a new season, the season of Christmas, I will continue to be thankful for each  new day, and each  moment spent with the ones I love.

One of the moments I am thankful for is the recent time Emily and I spent crafting together. Since I hate to throw away the old Christmas cards we have received from Christmases past, I thought it would be nice if we upcycled them. So, Emily and I cut up old cardboard, cut up old Christmas cards, punched out snowflakes from paint samples, and made Christmas tags/ornaments for our gifts.
 

So much joy from one little project. We got to spend quality time together. We got to reuse beautiful Christmas cards by salvaging the various parts and reworking them into something different. We got to be creative. What more could you ask for!

Speaking of creativeness, author Anver Katz was pretty creative himself with his illustrations and story titled The Little Pickpocket. I absolutely loved the way he took the story of a young kangaroo looking for a better pouch to sleep in and let us have a glimpse into the life of each of the alternate pouch holders, by describing what was in their pouches. I also loved how in the end, the young kangaroo decided that the best pouch of all actually was his mother's. It's a story of contentment, love, and yes, thankfulness.


It's an older book, but it is available as a used book on Amazon or  you can see if your local library has it in stock. Either way, it is worth the trouble to find.

Well, that about wraps it up for this week. Join me next week for another exciting episode, same crazy time, same crazy channel. And feel free to drop by my personal website, Fun With Aileen, any day of the week for even more on reading, writing, my very own early grade chapter book, Fern Valley, and my sequel, Return To Fern Valley! I'm also on twitter @AileenWStewart if you want an extremely brief glimpse into my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment